Now in its fourth year, the Student Leaders' Summit is the premier conference for the heads of student investing groups. Student leaders from dozens of universities are invited to share strategies for supporting the development of the next generation of investing talent - and to meet some of their most accomplished peers.
In the past, the Summit has consisted of a series of round-table discussions on the following topics:
- Helping members with career planning
- Fostering a culture of inclusivity
- Maximising member engagement
- Building industry relations
- Developing key skills: technical, networking, and personal
With 45 leaders representing 36 groups from across 22 universities at our last Leaders' Summit, we found the round-table format to no longer be optimal. Starting with the 2015 Summit, we will instead run the event as a series of panels.
This change allows us to accommodate a much larger number of student representatives and also makes it possible for us to get industry leaders to contribute to the discussion.
- Doors open at noon and the event starts at 1pm (see Schedule). We would encourage you to arrive early so that you have time to mingle with other attendees.
- Suggested dress code is business formal minus the tie for men and comparable attire for women.
- We will not be sharing attendees’ contact information this year - so if you have business cards, do bring them.
- Attendees are encouraged to continue their discussion over dinner after the Summit ends at 5:30pm. Five to six dinner groups will be hosted by our industry partners.
For more than 30 years Bloomberg has partnered with the industry's top global financial institutions, providing key decision makers with the tools, news and data they need to stay in front of the markets and ahead of the competition.
Our educational division, Bloomberg Institute, infused financial recruiting with the same transparency, efficiency and clarity we bring to our core businesses.
Bloomberg Institute is redefining financial recruiting and training through the Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT) and Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC).
Through our various competitions, Upgrade Capital collects and systematically screens trading records, investment ideas, and quant work to identify exceptional investing talent.
We support the talent we find through collaborative research programs as well as with help from our network of mentors.