In addition to bringing together the heads of investing and finance clubs, this year's Leaders' Summit will gather some of the best young investors in the world so that they too can contribute to the discussion of how our partner clubs can best support their members' professional development.
The Ultimate Challenge is being organised specifically to identify such top young investors.
- Authors of twenty top ideas will be invited to attend the 4th annual Student Leaders' Summit. Upgrade Capital will also highlight them to dozens of financial firms including a number of prominent hedge funds.
- Three winners will be invited to present their ideas to a panel of judges including Fang Li of Baleen Capital and Nathaniel Baker, manager of Bloomberg's Hedge Funds Brief.
- Seeking Alpha will award $500 and a 1-year subscription to Seeking Alpha PRO to the top presenter.
- The company you pitch must be publicly traded on the Nasdaq, NYSE, or NYSE Amex.
- The company must have a market cap of at least USD 500 million.
- Both long and short ideas are accepted, but hold recommendations are not.
- All pitches must be submitted by 11:59pm PST on Monday, June 8th.
How to Apply
There are three ways to apply:
- Through your Upgrade Capital account
Our judges will provide feedback on all submissions in by June 1st. You will have the option to resubmit your write-up by June 8th.
- Through our public site
No input can be provided on write-ups submitted through our public site and so your submission would be considered final as is.
- Through Seeking Alpha
You must include the following statement in the Note to Editors box: "Please consider this for the Seeking Alpha Upgrade Capital Virtual Competition."
If you wish to use this option but don't have a contributor account yet, please follow these instructions.
If you have any trouble submitting your write-up, please contact us.